Warwick Thai Restaurant Review



















400 Sydney Rd,
Brunswick Vic 3056
Phone: 03 9381 2111

Food
Thai food, not a very large selection on the menu. No extras. Not the fanciest or best ever thai dishes, but they do provide really large portions, so you get plenty of food with your main meal.
Service
Good service. They have a very large room to wait on, so they miss you occasionally, but they're pretty good considering.
Value
Good value, as you get plenty of food for your dollar. Banquets only available for large groups.
Decor and Atmosphere
Really quite an interesting interior (see photo above). Huge space! Looks like an old style hall or church inside. A separated section for takeaway at the front, and a gorgeous looking dining room up front that must be for special occasions. A bit stuffy, could do with some better air circulation. I wouldn't want to be there on a hot night. Some music wouldn't go astray.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warwick Thai has the best Pad Thai in Melbourne, i can never find one thats as good as it! They also have Butterflies as an entree on the menu and they are a must, absolutely delicious.

The only down side is that they are very unorganised. If you make a booking they sometimes fail to write it down and you have to hound the service staff to place your order.

Drinks are purchased in the front section where take away is picked up from which is not too bad of an idea as otherwise you would be waiting a while.

Overall this place serves large servings and its cheap good quality food.

Anonymous said...

A 1.5 hours wait for takeaway after being told it would be 40 minutes has unfortunately been the final experience I will have of this restaurant.
After years of recommending new arrivals to the area of the virtues of the tastes, portions and value for money, we won't be recommending this one to anyone who doesn't take a book with them.

Kate said...

I have been coming to this restaurant for many years, however last night will be the last!!! My partner and i had ordered our meal and twenty mins later were told that we had not ordered enough and that we had to spend a minimum of $15 each and when totalling the food and beer he was drinking we had certainly ordered over $30 and were then told by the waitress that it should be fine. 25 mins later we were then told by another waitress that the chef was refusing to cook for us as we had not ordered enough food. I then spoke to the gentleman at the front who refused to put our order through and told us that the chef was the boss who made the decisions (hard to believe as everytime I have been in there he doesnt seem to leave the safety of his cash register). Shame really as I have always enjoyed their food and always forgave their poor service. Went to the vietnamese restaurant 'Green Fields' down the road and enjoyed a very nice and quick meal.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Thai food and live just down the road, but I've stopped going after a few bad experiences - the MSG content in their food has reached such astronomical proportions that I couldn't get more than half-way through my last Pad Thai before my tastebuds rebelled and i found myself practically hallucinating. If they toned it down I'd definitely be back because it's great value for money and tasty enough as is without the chemical additives. Maybe try asking for no MSG next time you're there ...