
251 Swanston Street
MELBOURNE 3000
Ph: 03 9639 4911
Food
Vietnamese Pho style noodle house. Being so close to Mekong (a couple of doors further down Swanston Street) it draws inevitable comparisons, though not favourable ones. A good selection on the menu, but the food I had didn't overly impress me. Not more than a couple of pieces of meat in my special combination dish. The drink selection was interesting, but my drink was very thick and powdery and had to be eaten with a spoon.
Service
Ok. The man at the counter where you pay was quite grumpy looking :(
Value
The value is good, all very reasonably priced.
Decor and Atmosphere
Clean and neat, nothing exotic.




2 comments:
A friend and I used to frequent this place after uni once every few weeks, but the service was pretty average.
I "blacklisted" the place after my friend was served, but I was not, one night. After waiting 20 minutes, it turned out my meal had been forgotten. My friend's meal was cold by this time (as they'd politely waited for mine to come). I decided to go elsewhere, but was charged for BOTH meals at the register. When I queried this, they argued, refused to discount the one cold meal and were otherwise perfect exemplars of atrocious service. I've not been back since.
This is the BEST place for pho in the city. Having traveled through Vietnam I can say that this is the genuine stuff. They get quite busy and so occasionally service is a little patchy but what do you expect when getting a delicious lunch for $7!
I go there at least three times a week and have to walk 3 blocks to get there, can't give a better recommendation than that!
Post a Comment